The Traveling Mamas are asking families around the US to Boycott the Staycation. What is a staycation? It is an act of taking your vacation at home. We know that gas prices are up and the value of the dollar has dropped, however we are urging families to travel.
We’re not suggesting that you absolutely must take off for a week or two, or travel to Europe or a tropical locale. Even if you book a hotel room in a neighboring city or go camping a few hours from home, you’ll feel better if you get away for a few days. Don’t stay at home, visit someplace different and make some memories.
We’re giving away great prizes throughout the month of July. There are several ways to win our random giveaways:
1. Leave a comment on this post, telling us where you’d like to travel to this year (your actual plans or some dream destinations).
2. Leave a comment anywhere, on any post throughout the month of July, and you could be named a random gift winner!
3. Purchase one of our T-shirts, email us the order number, and we’ll give you an extra five entries for the random drawings. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
4. Because we want you to Boycott the Staycation, if you send us a picture of you wearing our T-shirt while traveling, we’ll add another ten entries. (Email email@example.com.)
5. Leave a comment on some of our prize-specific posts. For example, a LUSH gift-pack giveaway that Mudslide Mama is running ends July 8.
Click here to see detailed information about our Boycott the Staycation campaign and links to our prize sponsors.