One area I can always find on a cruise ship is the pub. Most cruise lines offer a traditional English pub complete with pub fare and plenty of pints. Carnival Cruise Lines has taken the pub theme to a new level by introducing the Red Frog Pub, a fun and funky pub with a Caribbean flare.
Each time I entered the pub, there was either live music or the musician was setting up to play. Red Frog Pub on the Carnival Magic was much bigger than I expected, with five different public sections to choose from to enjoy your brew.
- The front entry with table seating, complete with palm trees and laid back Caribbean themed signs
- Interior entry with booth seating and Caribbean themed artwork on the walls
- Bar area with musician’s corner, bar seating, bar height window seating with tables and bar stools
- Game area with Caribbean themed takes on tradition English pub games
- Outdoor patio area with covered swing seating, table seating, and palm trees. This is also a smoking area.
The Red Frog Pub seemed to be THE place to hang out on the Carnival Magic. Each time I passed through, I saw someone from our group there, just enjoying the cruise and being on vacation. The strains of a Jimmy Buffet or Kenny Chesney seemed to call to me, and the Thirsty Frog sure was mighty tasty. I can’t wait to see Red Frog Pub begin to appear on all of the Carnival Cruise Lines ships.
During the cruise, I caught up with Matt and Doug of Cruise Radio and enjoyed some Pub Grub and Thirsty Frog with this hilarious duo. Here are Doug’s thoughts on his favorite thing on the Carnival Magic. Note: We were at the Escape Bar which was much quieter than Red Frog Pub.
Special thanks to Carnival Cruise Lines for hosting my cruise aboard the Carnival Magic.