I just love Las Vegas. I’ve been there with friends, I’ve visited for conventions like BlogWorld and New Media Expo, and it’s even a fun place for a Las Vegas family vacation. Las Vegas is pretty much a destination for everyone. – CajunMama
Some of the best things to do in Las Vegas are free! With the bill coming to a grand total of zero dollars, these attractions give Sin City that much more bang for your buck.
- The Fountains of Bellagio are the astonishing, complimentary Las Vegas show of water, music and light. This choreographically-complex water feature amazes guests time and time again with its collection of dynamic performances that are each unique in expression and emotion. Fall in love with the stunning nature of this unprecedented aquatic accomplishment while relishing a clever concert of opera, classical and Broadway tunes.
- Take a walk on the wild side and visit MGM Grand’s one-of-a-kind Lion Habitat. This is a showcase for public education and appreciation for this majestic creature.
- The Welcome to Las Vegas Sign is a great photo opportunity conveniently located on Las Vegas Boulevard on the south side of Mandalay Bay. The sign is one of the most recognizable attractions in Las Vegas and has been an icon of Sin City since 1959.
- Turn up the heat at the new Volcano at The Mirage. A $25 million renovation completed in 2008 reignited this Strip icon including a new original soundtrack by Grateful Dead percussionist Mickey Hart. You’ll feel the heat from the street as the percussion rumbles and more than 120 FireShooters™ shoot flames and fireballs in the air.
- The CityCenter Fine Art Collection features works by acclaimed artists, sculptors and visionaries including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, Frank Stella, Henry Moore and Richard Long, among others. This is the first major permanent collection of art in Las Vegas to be integrated into a public space, and one of the world’s largest and most ambitious corporate art collections in existence today.
- The Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens captures the essence of every season interpreted with exceptionally gorgeous plants, flowers and trees thoughtfully arranged to inspire full splendor. To maintain magnificence 365 days a year, 140 expert horticulturists and engineers theatrically arrange large and unusual props along with fresh greenery uniquely for each season. Let your imagination wander as you assume a leisurely stroll through fascinating natural specimens selected distinctively for Bellagio from all around the world.
- Experience the world’s largest permanent circus, highlighting the center stage of the Carnival Midway daily. Be amazed at the aerial, juggling, contortion and trapeze artists in daily performances.
There’s no shortage of free things to experience in Las Vegas. As an added bonus, hotels and casinos on the strip offer FREE self-parking and valet. This means that exploring these top free attractions will be easy to access and even easier on your wallet.
For more information or to plan your visit, check out the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.