This teen essay contest came into the TravelingMamas.com inbox and because we believe travel is education, we just had to share!
Global Leadership Adventures, which offers life-changing international community service trips for teens, is offering a FREE trip to Costa Rica for ONE deserving high school student this summer. The winner will venture on the all-expense paid 10-day Tropical Ecology & Service program from August 14 to 23, 2010 – a $2,500 value!
Here’s a link to official contest rules.
GLA’s goal is to provide life-changing experiences that will cultivate a global perspective and open-mindedness in students that will ultimately inspire them to become great leaders and global thinkers who will seek positive change in their own communities.
The 10-day Costa Rica trip includes volunteering at a non-profit nature reserve, zip-lining through the rainforest, whitewater rafting, hiking to hidden waterfalls and much more.
Read more details about this program. Meals, lodging and airfare from Houston, Texas to Liberia, Costa Rica will all be paid.
High school students ages 14 to 18 are eligible to enter. Students must answer the following essay question for the chance to win: Tell us how you’ve shown leadership in your community? And, how would performing community service in an international setting help you further develop your leadership skills on a local and global level?
Responses must be no more than 500 words. E-mail responses to email@example.com. All responses must be received by June 25, 2010, 12:00 a.m. PDT to be eligible for the contest.
* No purchase necessary.
* Prize is not redeemable for cash or anything else.
* Prize not transferable to other programs or program dates.
* Students are responsible for travel to Houston, Texas.
* Contest ends June 25, 2010, 12:00 a.m. PDT.
* Winner will be contacted via e-mail on Friday, July 2, 2010.
* Employees or family members of employees of Terra Education are not eligible.
* Only one submission per student.
* Anyone submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
* Global Leadership Adventures is not responsible for any issues that arise that prevent winner from claiming the prize.
* In the event the winner is unable to claim the prize, the second place essay will receive the prize.
Be sure to share this with a teen you know and encourage them to enter this contest – they just might win!