SouthbySouthwest Interactive (sxsw) in Austin, TX is one of the biggest annual gatherings to learn about new products and issues involving interactive media. I caught up with a few social media personalities last year and they shared with TravelingMamas.com some of the best things they like about Austin. I think Neenz at the end sums the whole thing up.
If you can’t see the video below, you can view the direct link.
For me, SxSw offered more than just presentations and panels. It gave me a chance to network with many of the personalities behind the blogs and the twitter feeds. I was able to get a teaser of Austin which has made me yearn for a non-conference visit.
Some of my favorite moments of SxSw last year include:
- Hanging out in the Blogger’s Lounge
- Attending Sheila Scarborough and Pam Mandel’s Travel Blogging Presentation
- Meeting many travel bloggers/writers who showed up for the panel
- Listening to the fantasctic bands that could be found at all the parties
- Looking at all the movie and music people wearing all black and/or mini skirts with long scarves on their necks (this fashion trend always cracks me up)
- Meeting Guy Kawasaki
- Watching Robert Scoble carry all his camera equipment around
- Seeing my buds Neenz and Noe808 again
Sure, there are so many things to do in Austin and a bunch more memories that I have than are listed here, but if you are planning your first visit to SxSw, don’t be shy. Say hi to someone and spark up a conversation. That’s what networking is all about.